Monday, 5 December 2011

Progress Report #2

I feel like I have moved thru something quite large, like an endless series of rapids in a huge river, i.e. the past fifty years and some of my life. I am now in the relative calm of the middle of that river as it continues to flow on, and I am moving along with the flow quite comfortably, and am learning how to orient myself in a more or less forward and upright position from which I can see what's around me and what's coming quite easily, things like the sun and sky and the river banks and such, and more precarious things like rocks and stumps, flotsam and jetsam, and other rapids upcoming. I am now learning how to avoid these precariie with relative ease and fuss, needing only small adjustments to move myself out of their way. And even when I do snag on something, I am learning how to detach from these much more easily now, and so keep on moving without getting hung up on them overlong, the massively gentle flow of the river now the place where I live. Thusly am I now learning how to to keep in touch with the flow of "the river which is everything."

This is decidedly better than before, when i was trapped in the rapids, being tossed and turned willy nelly in a never ending froth of turbulence and roar, and I am now learning to relax and bask in the radiance of this new found metaphor extraordinaire as I consider its larger and more extensive extrapolations.

No comments:

Post a Comment