I use the term 'vocation' or path to mean something that one is 'called' to, much as it was a religious term, and somewhat deterministic philosophically. By this, however, I mean that when follows one's true path, one's life becomes effortless as long as one stays on that path. And the way to tell one is on one's path is to pursue that path that has the least resistance, whatever that means personally.
I consider myself to have stumbled upon the path that I am meant to be on. It takes the form of the work I am doing at Qmunity. I have been on several paths in my life, but these have not been paths so much as trails I have wandered thru as I stumbled my way in life.
This path is vocational. And one of the qualities of this path that tells me it is vocational is that everything I do on it, regardless of my manic depressive... state, seems to fall into place without the slightest effort on my part other than me complying with the opportunities that are presented to me as choices. All the other fields of endeavor I have pursued in my life have been, for the most part, strewn with strife, uncertainty and resistance.
For the most part, my time at Qmunity has been a necklace of positive events, marked by a personal enjoyment of the work I do there. I have written for Qmunity; attained a positive reputation there; have become somewhat of a face of Qmunity; have recently completed a year of facilitating a support/social group with Qmunity and am now embarking on starting a support/social trans group (24/7+), and have recently been named 'Volunteer of the Month' at Qmunity. All organically, with no effort other than the effort it takes to participate in something that one likes or loves doing. And it is by these qualities that I realize that I am doing the 'right' thing in my life. Gone are all the other trails and byways that I was pursuing, paths that were uncertain and ate away at my self esteem. I am now on this path, whatever it it, guided by a blind trust in the process of following this path wherever it may lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment