Thursday, 12 January 2012

A Note to Stephen Harper and His Ilk

Canada Gay Marriage Limbo: Prime Minister Stephen Harper Has No Intention Of Reopening National Debate Despite Report

It is amazing to me that there is this fight about the gay thing. Here I am, after years of being an unproductive, estranged, outwardly masculine, and a times 'criminal' element in my society, becoming a happy, well adjusted, productive member of that society. And I am accomplishing this by working thru my issues with the help of our social system which has at its roots consideration for the welfare of its members. And I have found that this gender/sex/orientation 'anomalie' I have been afraid of all my life is actually, much to my growing delight, an integral part of who I am, and integral to this new found and welcome social inclusiveness and productivity which has pervaded my soul. And yet, just as I am learning who I am becoming, and reaching out to my community to participate and contribute in some meaningful way, validating my very existence in ways productive and profound even, I am confronted daily by this bogus issue, this straw dog that is the gay/same sex marriage acceptance/denial thing. Please understand, from my point of view it all seems so trivial. I mean, here I am, rehabilitating my life, for the betterment of all, and yet, it seems that a certain segment of society on the flip side of this issue would rather see me and others like me the way I was, 'conventionally' disoriented, estranged and criminal rather than psychologically well adjusted, happy, and productive, in ways not only beneficial to myself but to society at large. And I have to wonder, what's the fucking use. Is there no winning with these people? It boggles the mind.

The article linked above outlines Stephen Harper's apparent decision to sweep under the carpet the same sex marriage/external country of origin issue that has cropped up in the courts. What's the problem Mr. Harper? Got yer knickers in a twist concerning your own sexuality? If this law is broken, just fix it. Don't fuck around with other people's lives just because you don't like their lifestyle. Take some time out and do some therapy, find out who you really are and let the rest of us live our lives the way we need to, never mind the way we want to. Or is that you too would rather that I and others like me are not peaceably and constructively rehabilitated, but rather remain the fucked up, disoriented, anti-social misfits that we once were, in order that we may be condemned as the criminals you are looking for so that you can fill the new jails that you are building for what the fuck who knows what the hell why for? Is that how we should 'fit in' to your world Stephen: in jail? 

Evil is a state of mind. Bigotry is a state of mind: and evil, pure and simple. And by taking a reactive stance to this issue, Stephen Harper once again gives away his allegiance to his real gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment