Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Unsatisfactory Conditions in Montreal Hospital

DRAFT

Quote of the day: "Can anybody be truly responsible for themselves before they have been deprogrammed?"

The following is a report of the conditions which existed where I was to undergo major surgery at hospital x in Montreal in September of 2012. During my stay there I had a major operation; a re-operation 24 hours after my primary surgery to correct a complication which resulted in a significant loss of haemoglobin and a possible significant drop in blood pressure: and a nine day stay at their facility for recuperation. That the condition of blood loss and possible blood pressure loss are nowhere to be found in the surgical notes is in itself a red flag. I was not to discover until I returned to Vancouver and had a blood test 14 days post-op that my haemoglobin was down from 142x to 99x and that this reading was such after two weeks from the initial incident is an indication of how much haemoglobin I lost from the initial incident until the reading of 99x. That this blood loss was not immediately rectified, i.e. by transfusion, is suspect at the very least.

Pre-existing conditions of neglect
  1. Care and prevention of pre-op constipation
  2. Pain management
  3. Safety
  4. Instructional materials
  5. Staff competency
  6. Accommodations
  7. Medical competence
The list above outlines the conditions under which I was to be subjected to during my stay at x hospital. The main complaint is that of a medical malfeasance and that I was not given the proper indicated treatment during a re-operation to correct a complication arising from my primary surgery. The condition I am suffering is posterior ischemic optic neuropathy. The indicated treatment for this condition is transfusion, which was apparently not given to me during my re-operation. The rest of the list outlines a prevailing atmosphere of incompetence, disregard and neglect.

It is my intention to pursue this matter legally. Due to the medical inattention to detail I may be blind for the rest of my life. This was not part of the deal.

January 15, 2013

Nanci Blu

No comments:

Post a Comment